Sunday, October 26, 2008

Drive


Okay, I'm back from the trip to Charleston and to see the siblings, the first time I've driven the Smart more than five minutes at a time as well. Heading up Saturday was a little nerve racking due to the rain and insane truck drivers. It took some getting used to, and almost missing a curve, but by the time we got to Quaker Steak & Lube, I was loving it. We got to visit with Cate and Ben for a little bit, which was nice. Hopefully we'll get to visit for more than 24 hours at some point. We watched a movie and Cate and I carved a couple of pumpkins before calling it a night. This morning we got up and went to see Elliott. We picked him up at his house and went to Stewart's for some hot dogs- they are the best, getting to go to Stewart's and White Castle in the same couple of weeks is pretty damn cool, I think. Anyway, we ran a couple of other places before heading back home. It was a good trip, till we got to Gaulley Bridge. I was following Dad in his Smart and got pulled for speeding- he said 35 in a 25, but I honestly don't think I was going that fast. Nothing more badass than getting a ticket for going that slow, I'd rather be pulled doing for doing 70 in a 60 or something like that, but whatever. He brings me the ticket and then gets all chatty with me. I really enjoyed this little gem he dropped on me.

"Is this car even legal in America?"

Yikes. That's what passes for a cop these days, folks. Granted, in a town that sounds like it was named by Gomer Pyle, I guess qualifying for the job just requires that you have a second grade education. I was kinda mad about it, but I had had such a good weekend it couldn't bring me down. If this had happened in CLT, I'd probably feel a little different. All right, I guess that'll do for now, it's late. Take it easy, all!

No comments: