Friday, March 20, 2009

Swing

If you know where the above song title comes from, movie wise, you'd probably be chuckling due to all that's going on right now. I'll give you a minute to collect yourself and possibly roll the dice on the dance floor...




Okay, it is pretty well known that my brother is having a rough go of it here lately. A good bit of it is of his own doing, which he will admit to, but another piece of the trouble puzzle is his "girlfriend" Sam. I use the quotations because she doesn't treat him like someone she supposedly loves. She's run him through the ringer to be sure, but he stays close by through it all.

NOW, when I was with the one who shall not be named, I was constantly told I needed to get away from her, specifically by a small handful of people who I will not name as that is not really that important. At the time, I wasn't hearing it, but looking back, it was the right direction to go, especially since she was being very shady over the last year of us being together. BUT my brother is way worse off now than I ever was with my then girlfriend and no one pushes that same message on him. Double standard much? I was never put through all the stuff he's been put through with this girl, but I was constantly hounded to run away while you can. Well, I guess that time for him has passed. There's no running now, short of a "You are NOT the father!" verdict from old MoPo. I feel for him, but it is what it is. Life is a bunch of choices and this is a choice they both have made. The worst thing about it is this child they have created doesn't have a choice as to the situation it will be delivered into. I'm 27 and I have no business with a kid, I know that (prolly cause I'm not as "grown up" as other people have told me they are, hahaha). And it's not that I don't want one, but I would want my kid to enter the world in a fantastic situation. I don't have that right now and don't plan on putting myself in a position that I'll have to worry about a kid either. I wish them the best of luck, and hope that my family can get over the petty arguments this whole deal has raised and move along. Peace out, folks, until next time...

No comments: